FortisBC is currently offering a $1,000 rebate on eligible high-efficiency tankless water heaters. This is great news for homeowners who have an old water heater that is on its way out. Generally speaking high-efficiency tankless water heaters use 30% less energy than old storage type tanks typically found in most homes. This is better for the environment and reduces your gas bills.
How can I tell if my water heater needs replacing? These are some things to look for and consider. If you are unsure, give us a call and we can figure it out together.
- Noise – Is it making bubbling, boiling, knocking or whining noises?
- Leaks – Is there water collecting on top, near or around the water heater?
- Stains – Are there rust stains in the laundry, showers or sinks?
- Dirty / Rusty – Is the water rusty / dirty when the tap is on hot?
- Slow – Is it talking longer to heat up the water than it used to?
- Amount – Are you not getting as much hot water as you used to get?
- Age – Can’t remember when it was installed? An old tank might be on its way out.
What are the benefits of a condensing tankless water heater over my old tank style water heater?
- The water is heated as you need it
- No wasted energy heating stored water
- Takes up less space, more compact
- Can be wall mounted
- Energy savings / gas savings
- Operating costs are lower
Since 19% of home energy is consumed by your water heater, the energy savings switching to a tankless condensing water heater can be substantial. This will reduce your monthly gas bill and is also better for the environment. Please give us a call to discuss your system or request a quote below.