To Our Valued Customers:
During this unprecedented time, our thoughts are with those who have been affected by COVID-19, directly or indirectly. As our community continues to struggle with the impact of COVID-19, we are monitoring any updates and recommendations from our local health officials. We know you rely on us when emergencies happen. We wanted to inform you we have taken increased steps to ensure we can continue to serve you while protecting your health, the health of our technicians, and of our community.
HILLTOP Safety Measures:
- Our technicians use one-time-use, disposable shoe covers and gloves, as well as taking the extra precautions to clean tools and equipment.
- Technicians, as well as our office staff, have been briefed on safety practices within our customers’ homes and on our local health authority’s recommendations for how we interact with one another.
- Our employees are closely monitoring their own health. To date, there have been no reported cases of an employee exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19. In the event that there is an employee who is presenting symptoms or fear that they may have been exposed, they will be self-quarantined, along with any employees that they have been in contact with.
- NOTE: If we don’t shake your hand, or politely ask you to stand 6 feet away, we mean no offense. We just want to minimize the spread of germs to keep everyone healthy.
Your Home Health:
Home hygiene is always a top priority and especially when germs are likely to spread. It’s important to follow advice from the local health authorities and maintain good airflow in your home.
You can practice good home hygiene by:
- Disinfecting and cleaning surfaces frequently.
- Ensuring your home’s vents and filters are clean — central heating and cooling systems ventilate the air in our homes to protect our health.
- Improving indoor air quality with products that can filter very small particles, kill germs, and control humidity. This includes products such as high-efficiency filter systems, air purification systems, and humidifiers.
For the safety of our community: If you have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, and you have recently had service, please call our office immediately so that we can help ensure the health and safety of our team members and our other clients.
Your health and safety are important, and we will continue to be here to assist you.
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID – 19 and you are experiencing a home emergency, such as a flood, please call the City of White Rock for them to shut off your water at 604-541-22181 or the City of Surrey at 604-591-4152 during business hours or 604-591-4431 after hours and weekends. If you are experiencing a gas smell/ leak to please call FORTIS BC at 1-800-663-9911 or dial 911.